CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Virginia Beach

I got to tag-a-long with Christian on a work trip for a few days this week to Virginia Beach. (Insert big cheese smile here.) And speaking of tag-a-longs...I had no kids with me! How amazing of a treat is that??? We were able to work out childcare for both kids with family and friends. We are continually blessed. Really.
Upon arriving Friday, Christian headed to work and I headed to the spa for a pedi and massage followed by some sun-rays on the beach! Ahhh. We then had a fabulous dinner with a view at the newly renovated Isle of Capri. The first time we ate there we were taken by the ultra-cool table-side made Caesar salad. Yum. Best Caesar salad ever. Although we did not get the salad this time, I did enjoy some cooked-to-perfection pork medallions along with Confetti Cake from local bakery Confetti Caffe & Gelato.
Christian and I enjoyed going for a morning jog/walk on the boardwalk. Man what a nice place to exercise in the morning! It sure beats our uneven gravel driveway. I took a few pics for my blog. I wish I was a better photographer but the DROIDx will do for now.

The first is of the King Neptune statue on 31st. What a gargantuan statue! We stayed right next to the amphitheater there and it was rocking for the International Sand Soccer Tournament. Who knew there was even such an organized sport? The second photo is the view today from under my beach umbrella. The chairs here are so comfy. Ahhh...what a treat! And the final shot is looking at the bike path between the hotel and boardwalk. The palm trees almost make me forget I'm in Virginia.

Christian will be back soon. We are going to try a restaurant from my informal Facebook survey! :) Tomorrow my mini-vacation ends and Dance Recital Madness sets in. Soon after that we set sail for Nags Head, NC with both Christian's and my family! I love summertime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...