CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Farmer's Market


Mineral has a fabulous Farmer's Market on Saturday's from 8-1pm. We try to shop there weekly to support our local growers and craftsmen and women. I thought I would blog about some of our family's favorite finds.

To start out we always go by and visit with Clyde & Sue Harkrader at Pink House Pigs. They sell pasture raised heritage breed pork. The breakfast sausage is our family favorite! We usually enjoy an authentic French chocolate croissant or sun-dried tomato quiche from the market while visiting with the Harkraders.

Fresh strawberries help wash everything down but sadly, they are almost out of season. Henry Foster has the best strawberries and always has the best produce of what's in season. Plus, he always gives my kiddos a 'Scooby-Snack' which they love! I love buying from Henr because I know he's raised everything he sells. Mmmm. :)

For gift buying and drooling I love to stop at Kristol Faucheux's The Magic of Ordinary Things (tMoOT) tent for some genuine craftiness. She makes adorable bags, frames, calendars, and broaches. And because of her fun blog I have been inspired to try blogging again. Thanks Kristol.

We purchased our kids' picnic table last year from Jim Groelke of Periwinkle Springs Woodworking and have gotten some great mileage out of it since then. Our dogs seem to like it as well as it helps them in their role of patio kings. I'm not sure how I feel about that with the recent improvement of their groundhog hunting skills.

Last week Christian and I ran into a high school classmate, Stef Florie, selling her Wired Stone Designs. Anyone that knows me well knows how much I love all kinds of jewelry. I hope to add a piece of her jewelry to my collection soon. Until then, I'll keep window shopping at her booth.

Once my daughter wakes up we'll be off to the market for this week's trip. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...