CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 8, 2011

Deflated, but not defeated

Our family's lack of summer routine has put me at the edge of insanity today. It's 1:25pm and both my 2 and 6 year old are fast asleep. I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened in their lifetime. Today I enacted mandatory naptime for both children at the same time.

It's not that either child is particular bad but they are both wearing me out with the little things. The little things are habits/reactions/behaviors that I am trying to help them grow out of but am unsuccessful at this point. Little things like saying 'huh', asking who I was talking to when I get off the phone, and pushing each other's buttons knowingly. Ack...Calgon, or anything for that matter, take me away!

I often think about doing chore charts but my 2 year old is a bit young for that in my opinion. I guess I could put a daily schedule on the wall like Supernanny but the beauty of Summer for me is that we don't have plans.

Savannah is swimming on the local swim team and those practices are 9:30am and 6:30pm. We try to make at least one per day but sometimes go twice a day and some days not at all. It is very flexible thank goodness. The somewhat-of-a-routine with swimming is that it usually gets us up and out of the house each day which is as close to a schedule as I really want in a summer.

For now, I'll sit back and enjoy my Diet Pepsi, in the A/C, all by myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...